Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- New restaurants to pave the way for Stream Realty’s Sixth Street revitalization
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
Discover News By District
Key Players & Topics In This Article
2040 CAMPO Transportation Plan: CAMPO’s long-range transportation plan to manage growth in Central Texas, approved in May 2015. The plan included around 400 road projects and a proposal from CTRMA that added toll lanes to MoPac.
CAMPO: The Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization is the regional planning organization for Bastrop, Burnet, Caldwell, Hays, Travis, and Williamson Counties. Its membership is drawn from the elected officials of those municipalities, as well as various cities that fall within the region, including the City of Austin. CAMPO's focus is on regional transportation issues.
Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority: The governing arm of Central Texas transportation. The board of directors is appointed by the governor and the Travis and Williamson County Commissioners Court. 1.5 stars on Yelp.
Mayor Steve Adler: Mayor of the city of Austin, elected in November 2014
MoPac: Texas State Highway Loop 1 is also known as "MoPac" after the Missouri Pacific Railroad it was built on. The scenic highway runs from the beginning of the State Highway 45 to US 183.