About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
- City nixes $2M McKinsey homelessness study, signaling poor cooperation among partners
Discover News By District
Key Players & Topics In This Article
Lower Colorado River Authority: The quasi-governmental organization charged with, among other key items, regulating water policy for the Lower Colorado River--the body of water that runs through the heart of Austin. The creation of the organization in 1934--and the eventual series of dams it built--helped send electricity to portions of the Texas Hill Country.
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality: environmental regulating authority for the State of Texas.
Travis County Commissioners Court: The legislative body for Travis County. It includes representatives from the four Travis County Precincts, as well as the County Judge. The County Judge serves as the chair of the Court.