Travis County Commissioners Court spending for June 10, 2014
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 by Austin Monitor
Here is a detailed look at how much money Travis County Commissioners spent last week:
· Approved $4,938.54 for three different cash security agreements with Gehan Homes, Ltd. for sidewalk repair in Pct. 1.
· Approved $720.00 for a cash security agreement with Highland Homes, Ltd. for sidewalk repair in Pct 3.
· Approved $320,000.00 to Juvenile Probation Department to fund a needs assessment and master plan for Juvenile Justice facilities.
· Approved $43,500.00 to the Sheriff’s Office for various supplies, including replacing a failed engine on a lake patrol boat.
· Approved $128,284.00 to the Office of the Tax Assessor-Collector to transfer internal monies to fund “various one-time midyear projects” and employees to work on those projects.
· Approved $81,268.00 in internal salary savings monies from the District Attorney’s Office to fund 3.5 months of four legal staff to help with discovery evidence on caseloads in office under the Michael Morton Act.
· Approved $114,187.00 in internal salary savings monies from the County Attorney’s Office to fund 3.5 months of four legal staff to help with discovery evidence on caseloads in office under the Michael Morton Act.
· Approved $10,642.00 to the Juvenile Probation Department to go toward funding three pay period for additional personnel expense, because the Meadows Foundation grant is almost out of funds.
· Approved $639,722.30 for reimbursement to United Health Care for claims paid for participants in the Travis County Employee Health Care Fund for May 23-29, 2014.
· Approved $50,440.00 to Austin Custom Screens for solar screens in the Travis County Health and Human Services and Veterans Affairs Department building.
· Approved an additional $166,733.70 to be added to a contract with Patin Construction on the Northeast Metro Park BMX Track Amenities Construction Project for added construction items like a drinking fountain and drainage.
Travis County Commissioners Court spent $1,559,895.54 at its June 10 meeting.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?