Most Popular Stories
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
- City nixes $2M McKinsey homelessness study, signaling poor cooperation among partners
- Travis County celebrates shift to telework
Discover News By District
Crime wave hits City Hall
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 by Austin Monitor
A city staff member was busy vacuuming up the shattered remains of the front door to City Hall last night as the Historic Landmark Commission finished around 11: 30 p.m.
The initial story is that someone threw a large piece of concrete through the building’s front door, which had one staffer joking that it must have been someone who wanted to hear the last of the 25 cases HLC heard last night. No further details on the incident were available as of 12:30am.
You're a community leader
And we’re honored you look to us for serious, in-depth news. You know a strong community needs local and dedicated watchdog reporting. We’re here for you and that won’t change. Now will you take the powerful next step and support our nonprofit news organization?