Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
- Landmark commissioners seek recourse for TxDOT’s threat to Edward Rendon Sr. Park
Discover News By District
Ott releases $45 million menu of possible cuts
Monday, June 8, 2009 by Austin Monitor
This afternoon, City Manager Marc Ott delivered to the City Council a book-length binder of budget cuts they will be able to choose from in crafting this year’s bare bones budget.
The menu includes more than $45 million in possible savings from General Fund departments, including $5 million saved if the Council decides to postpone a planned police cadet class.
However, that item seems unlikely to be on the final list. In Fact Daily will have a full report Tuesday.
You're a community leader
And we’re honored you look to us for serious, in-depth news. You know a strong community needs local and dedicated watchdog reporting. We’re here for you and that won’t change. Now will you take the powerful next step and support our nonprofit news organization?