Most Popular Stories
Discover News By District
Your stress-free guide for getting to ACL Fest
Wednesday, October 5, 2022 by Tai Moses
Getting to and from Austin City Limits – at Zilker Park the weekends of Oct. 7-9 and Oct. 14-16 – is always an adventure. We do not recommend driving to the festival. In fact, you really can’t: Barton Springs Road near the park is closed to vehicle traffic throughout the weekend and there’s no parking at the park or in the surrounding neighborhoods during the festival. But do not despair: You still have many options, including walking, riding a bike, taking public transit, taking a scooter or using a ride-share service. The Austin Transportation Department has made things easy for you with this handy list:
- Free shuttle: Board at Republic Square Park and ride to the festival entrance. At the end of the night, you can also ride the shuttle back downtown.
- Capital Metro: MetroRapid 803 is the best route to get directly to ACL. Find the way to the park that works best for you using the CapMetro Trip Planner.
- Walk or bike: Take the hike-and-bike trail to get to the festival or ride a MetroBike.
- Micromobility: Drop off your electric scooter or bike in a designated area before entering the grounds.
- Ride-share: Pickup and drop-off points will be located near MoPac at Veterans Drive, Lee Barton Drive and Wallingwood Drive.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?