Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
Want to serve on a city advisory council?
Tuesday, September 1, 2020 by Tai Moses
The Pedestrian Advisory Council and the Bicycle Advisory Council are looking for a few good volunteers who are “passionate about improving walking, biking and access to transit in Austin.” If that describes you, apply here to join the PAC and here to join the BAC. These volunteer advisory councils meet each month “to advise local agencies on planning, policy, design, funding, education, and enforcement efforts related to walking and biking.” All meetings are virtual, for now. Applications will be accepted through Friday, Sept. 25.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?