Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
Violet Crown Trail debuts ‘whirlpool’ patio
Monday, March 22, 2021 by Tai Moses
The Violet Crown Trail boasts a new patio featuring a striking spiral design fashioned from limestone and contrasting grout colors. The patio, which is located near the trailhead at Latta Drive and Convict Hill, is dubbed the Whirlpool and is intended to serve as a gathering place and outdoor classroom for those on their way to visit Whirlpool Cave. The Austin Urban Trails Program and Hill Country Conservancy are partnering to build portions of the Violet Crown Trail, which when complete will be a “30-mile nature trail that will connect Zilker Park to Hays County,” according to a news release.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?