Most Popular Stories
- Garza makes major changes to city organization
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
Two dozen seek a seat on CTRMA board
Wednesday, January 10, 2018 by Caleb Pritchard
The pool to be Travis County’s next appointee to the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority board is crowded. On Tuesday, Julie Wheeler of the Intergovernmental Relations Office reported to the Commissioners Court that the open call for applications to fill the seats currently occupied by Charles Heimsath and David Armbrust yielded 24 responses, a haul that drew a literal kudos from County Judge Sarah Eckhardt. While the identities of the applicants remain under wraps for now, both Armbrust and Heimsath indicated that they would go through the effort to retain their seats. A court-appointed subcommittee will meet this week to winnow the names down and bring back a shortlist of proposed finalists next Tuesday. The court is scheduled to interview the candidates during a special session on Jan. 25. The final decisions are set to take place during the regular meeting on Jan. 30.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?