Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
Discover News By District
Transportation Department weighs in on Revel
Monday, November 4, 2019 by Tai Moses
With Revel having launched 1,000 electric mopeds onto the city’s crowded streets on Nov. 1, the Austin Transportation Department has issued a statement reminding motorists to exercise caution – more caution than usual. The department also wants to remind Revel users that helmets are required and that Revel drivers “are required to follow all uniform traffic laws in the State of Texas. Low-speed electric motorcycles are prohibited from using bike lanes and expected to operate in vehicle travel lanes. At no time may these vehicles operate or be parked on sidewalks or urban trails.” The mopeds can reach speeds of up to 30 mph, so keep an eye peeled – there could be one behind you right now.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?