About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Garza makes major changes to city organization
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
Discover News By District
This week in CodeNEXT
Monday, June 5, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
Recently, City Hall has been celebrating “CodeNEXT Wednesdays.” That fragile tradition is expected to continue this week, with a Code Talk tackling “Permitting and Process” at 6 p.m. and another Council work session dedicated exclusively to the land development code rewrite on Wednesday morning. This week, Council will be zeroing in on timelines, how corrections will be handled, formatting of the draft and the public process. That meeting starts at
9 a.m. and is expected to run until 10:30 a.m. 1:00 p.m..
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?