About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
For this, we celebrate?
Tuesday, May 3, 2016 by Elizabeth Pagano
Those worried that an election with only one Austin item on the ballot would see record-low turnouts have been proved wrong by early voting numbers. However, the Austin Monitor would like to note that this is largely due to the fact that our May record lows are really, really low. So far, the May 7 election has seen 43,922 votes cast — or 7.48 percent of registered voters. Good work, everyone! In the meantime, it remains unclear whether Friday Night Lights’ Riggins is one of those who has (or will) cast a ballot, despite yet another much-lauded campaign from Ridesharing Works for Austin.
— Matt Largey (@mattlargey) May 2, 2016
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?