About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
Talk traffic, eat ice cream
Thursday, July 20, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
If you love ice cream and complaining about traffic, does the Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority ever have the event for you. On Wednesday, July 26, the transportation authority will host “Traffic Jam! A la Mode,” which is a discussion with some national experts about different transportation modes, with free ice cream. The event will take place from 5:30 to 8 p.m., at Huston-Tillotson University’s King-Seabrook Chapel at Huston-Tillotson University
Davage-Durden Student Union. (More details are available on Facebook.) As a side note, we’d like to talk about the name of this thing. It’s kind of a pun, right? (because of the two different modes.) But do people eat ice cream and jam together? Is that a thing? Please @ us.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?