Most Popular Stories
- Transit leaders preparing new Project Connect scenarios for March open house
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Google Fiber to expand presence in Travis County
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
SW Parkway being resurfaced
Monday, November 2, 2020 by Tai Moses
If you find yourself driving on Southwest Parkway next week you may notice some construction work, flaggers and lane reductions in effect between West William Cannon Drive to just past Amarra Trail. Starting Monday, Nov. 9, a city contractor will be doing a “mill and overlay,” which is a fancy way of saying the street is being resurfaced. The project “will improve street conditions on SW Parkway providing a smoother, durable, and safer surface for vehicles,” according to the city. The project will take about three weeks, weather permitting, as always.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?