Most Popular Stories
- Transit leaders preparing new Project Connect scenarios for March open house
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Google Fiber to expand presence in Travis County
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
Stuff the Bus food drive kicks off Friday
Thursday, December 8, 2016 by Nina Hernandez
Over the weekend, the Central Texas Food Bank, the Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority and Whole Foods Market hope to take in enough donations to feed 50,000 people in need this holiday season. The fifth annual Stuff the Bus food drive runs Dec. 9-11. Drop off nonperishable food items (like canned meats or vegetables and pasta) to volunteers at two designated Capital Metro buses parked at the downtown and Domain Whole Foods locations. One of Whole Foods’ vendors, KIND bar, has promised to give away 5,000 bars to people who show up and donate. Learn more here, or follow #StuffTheBus on Twitter.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?