Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
Discover News By District
Street improvements underway
Friday, June 24, 2022 by Tai Moses
You may already be seeing Public Works crews in your area, working on seasonal street maintenance in neighborhoods around the city. The annual sealcoat treatment is intended to improve “hundreds of lane miles of neighborhood streets in every Council district around Austin,” according to the news release, in an effort to “help preserve Austin’s streets and extend their life span.” Residents will be notified in advance with door hangers that ask vehicles to be temporarily parked off the street. Sealcoat has to be applied in warm, dry weather, so the work is usually done throughout the summer and into the early fall. Check out the map to see which streets are scheduled for preventive maintenance next.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?