About the Author
Jo Clifton is the Politics Editor for the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Stonewall Dems pick Adler, Garza, Renteria
Monday, September 8, 2014 by Jo Clifton
After listening to the candidates for mayor and four of the new City Council district seats, the Austin Stonewall Democrats made the following endorsements last week: for mayor, Steve Adler; District 2, Delia Garza; and District 3, Sabino “Pio” Renteria. There were dual endorsements in two of the races. In District 7, the group endorsed Leslie Pool and Melissa Zone. In District 9, they endorsed both Chris Riley and Kathie Tovo. According to Rich Bailey, endorsement chair for the Stonewall Democrats, the threshold for an endorsement is 60 percent, but no candidate reached that threshold in the two races, so the group decided to issue the dual endorsements.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?