About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
Discover News By District
Sound off on aquifer storage
Monday, October 10, 2022 by Elizabeth Pagano
As the city’s water utility moves forward with the aquifer storage and recovery project, it is turning to the public for help with a series of in-person and virtual workshops. The meetings are designed to answer questions and gather input on how the project will incorporate equity and affordability concerns. Aquifer storage and recovery, or ASR, is a way to store and retrieve water in aquifers for use when needed. The project is in its first phase of implementation, with a team working on identifying suitable storage sites. The public feedback sessions, which all contain the same information, are open to Travis, Bastrop and Lee county residents.
- When: Tuesday, Oct. 18, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Where: Giddings Public Library and Cultural Center, 276 N. Orange St., Giddings, TX 78942
- When: Wed., Oct. 19, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Where: Bastrop Public Library, 1100 Church St., Bastrop, TX 78602
- When: Thursday, Oct. 20, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Where: City of Austin Permitting and Development Center, 6310 Wilhelmina Delco Dr.
Virtual Workshops via Zoom
- When: Tuesday, Oct. 25, 5-6 p.m.
- When: Thursday, Oct. 27, 6-7 p.m.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?