About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
- Austin helped buy cheap apartments with the intent of keeping prices low. Instead, rents went up.
Discover News By District
Second Come and Save It rally today
Monday, September 28, 2020 by Elizabeth Pagano
Austin Texas Musicians and the newly formed Amplified Sound Coalition are planning a second Come and Save It rally today, Sept. 28, at 11 a.m. at City Hall. The rally will solidify support for the city’s SAVES resolution and ask the city for a dedicated Music Venue Preservation Fund to save struggling venues and to establish a qualified grant administrator to distribute city grants to venues and the community. On Thursday, City Council will take up the proposed SAVES (Save Austin’s Vital Economic Sectors) resolution as Item 52 on its agenda. As written, that resolution would allocate $15 million to Covid-19 emergency relief for child care, music and arts venues, restaurants and bars.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?