About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Runoff elections set
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 by Elizabeth Pagano
Austin City Council met Tuesday to certify the results of the Nov. 3 election and to set runoff elections for District 6, which pits incumbent Jimmy Flannigan against Mackenzie Kelly, and District 10, where incumbent Alison Alter will face off against Jennifer Virden. Early voting for the Dec. 15 runoff will take place Dec. 3-5 and Dec. 7-11. City Clerk Jannette Goodall told Council that a final list of polling locations will be brought back to Council for approval on Dec. 1. She admitted the process of finding locations for runoffs “is the worst two weeks of the year” for her, and the situation has only been exacerbated by the pandemic.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?