Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
Discover News By District
Ricky Guerrero Park closing for renovations
Monday, January 14, 2019 by Tai Moses
Austin’s Parks and Recreation Department has announced that starting Tuesday, Jan. 22, Ricky Guerrero Neighborhood Park at 2006 S. Sixth St. will close for renovations. During the construction period, the restrooms, play equipment and picnic areas will be off-limits to the public. When completed, the park will sport new ADA-compliant sidewalks, picnic tables, grills and benches; rain gardens; upgraded drainage control; an improved restroom facility; and a preschool play structure. Park renovations are expected to be completed by early summer 2019.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?