About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
Discover News By District
- City employees to protest telework policy Thursday
- AFSCME objects to Garza’s return-to-work plan
- Groups gather forces to protest dairy plant redevelopment
- If you’re interested in adopting a dog or a cat, the ongoing “300 Homes” adoption promotion is the time to do it
- Celebrate Marriage Equality by getting hitched
Rate NHCD while you can
Monday, November 27, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
For (at least) a few years now, affordable housing has been a primary focus in Austin. At the moment, the Neighborhood Housing and Community Development Department has opened a public comment period that is an opportunity for Austinites to weigh in on (basically) how the city has used federal Department of Housing and Urban Development funds, as detailed in this annual report. The comment period is open until Dec. 7, and comments can be emailed to NHCD@austintexas.gov or mailed to Neighborhood Housing and Community Development; Attn: FY 2016-17 CAPER at P.O. Box 1088, Austin, Texas 78767. More information on the report and the process can also be found on the city website.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?