About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Quiet times at City Hall
Wednesday, May 10, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
If you were one of the many eager to attend this week’s Audit and Finance Committee meeting, we have some bad news for you. Today’s meeting has been canceled, so the reading of audits will have to wait until another day. On a similar (but different!) note, this week’s City Council meeting promises to be such a short affair that we are risking jinxing it in order to keep Austin Monitor readers informed. Council will convene at 2 p.m. Thursday (instead of the normal 10 a.m.) for a meeting predicted to run until 5 p.m. or so. (Instead of the usual, well, you know.)
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?