About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
Discover News By District
Pool pushes for CAG video
Thursday, July 9, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
City Council Member Leslie Pool made clear this week her desire to provide video access to Land Development Code Advisory Group meetings in the future and, when there isn’t a conflict with other meetings, to broadcast the meetings live. In a post on the City Council Message Board, District 7 Chief of Staff Amy Smith wrote that “audio clips of meetings do not provide the level of transparency that is expected of such a high-profile city issue.”
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?