About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Barton Springs bridge gets new rules
Discover News By District
Parks close Barking Springs, golf courses
Monday, April 6, 2020 by Elizabeth Pagano
Over the weekend, Austin Parks and Recreation closed the Barking Springs spillway as well as access to all municipal golf courses. The parks department announced Friday that, due to park users’ inability to social distance at Barking Springs, the area would be closed until further notice. Starting today, golf course gates will be closed and walking, running, biking or any other use of golf courses will be prohibited. Though some parks remain open, officials remind users to keep a 6-foot distance from others, avoid team sports and let others know when you are passing them in order to help curb the transmission of Covid-19. The parks department is maintaining a list of closures for residents.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?