About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Are rents falling? Apartment association sees construction, weak demand causing ‘negative rent growth’
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Parking meters come to South Congress
Thursday, September 14, 2023 by Elizabeth Pagano
A plan to charge for street parking on South Congress is being implemented this week. The change is part of the South Congress Parking and Transportation Management District ordinance approved in March, and is expected to take four to five weeks to fully implement. According to the city, parking enforcement will issue warnings for the first two weeks after full implementation, before issuing citations. A map of the parking district can be seen below:
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?