About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Transit leaders preparing new Project Connect scenarios for March open house
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Google Fiber to expand presence in Travis County
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
It’s official, we have a city manager
Friday, February 2, 2018 by Elizabeth Pagano
After more than a year and a rather awkward hiring process, Austin officially has a new city manager. City Council voted unanimously to finalize the hiring process Thursday, extending a $325,000 salary to the current city administrator in Minneapolis, Spencer Cronk. His official start date is Feb. 12. Interim City Manager Elaine Hart is now free to return to her position as chief financial officer for the city.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?