Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
Discover News By District
Northwest Hills traffic delays to continue
Thursday, September 1, 2016 by Nora Ankrum
Some disappointing news for residents of Northwest Hills: Thanks to “excessive rain and unforeseen issues underground,” Austin Water has fallen behind on a project to replace and upgrade parts of the water distribution system in the area, according to a press release from the utility. The delay pushes back the completion date to Nov. 1. When the project is done, homes and fire hydrants in the area will have improved water pressure. In the meantime, however, traffic along the 4000 block of Far West Boulevard will continue to run only in one lane each way.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?