About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Report: Austin needs to take action to mitigate impacts of watercraft overcrowding on Lady Bird Lake
- Transit leaders preparing new Project Connect scenarios for March open house
- Google Fiber to expand presence in Travis County
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
Discover News By District
- Barton Skyway “sticks” prompt another petition
- Downtown will be booming over the next few weeks with spring festival season underway
- Inclement weather sparks change to SXSW concert plans
- The city’s 2023 draft plan for sidewalks, crossings and shared streets is ready for feedback
- A “peaker” power plant will be built in Caldwell County
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
There are, admittedly, a lot of public meetings going on as CodeNEXT makes it way from idea into code. This week, City Council officially joins the fray with a series of meetings dedicated solely to the rewrite of the Land Development Code. Today’s meeting will start at 1 p.m. and end at 3 p.m., with subsequent meetings planned for that same time on June 7, June 14 and June 21.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?