About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
New cultural arts manager named
Monday, January 11, 2016 by Elizabeth Pagano
At the start of this year, Meghan Wells began work as the manager of Austin’s Cultural Arts Division, where she is overseeing that division’s programming (which includes cultural funding and the Art in Public Places program, among other things). According to a press release about the hire, “Wells brings over 18 years of professional experience in the cultural arts and nonprofit fields. For the past 11 years, she has worked within the Cultural Arts Division for the Art in Public Places program; first as a project coordinator and, since 2010, as the program’s administrator. She earned a B.A. in English and political science from Rockhurst University in Kansas City, MO, and an M.A. in museum science from Texas Tech University.” Her official start date was Jan. 1, 2016.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?