Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
New Central Library cooks up a cafe
Tuesday, August 4, 2015 by Nora Ankrum
The new Central Library won’t just be serving up books when construction is completed in November 2016. The library will also feature a coffee and snack shop in its interior atrium as well as a full-service cafe – open for breakfast, lunch and dinner – with a catering kitchen to accommodate large events. As part of the Second Street Retail District, the cafe will have its own entrance on West Second Street with a covered patio and a view of Shoal Creek. The only thing missing is a tenant. The city is looking for someone to operate the cafe, via leasing agent CBRE Group Inc. More information is available here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?