About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
Music Census to be released today
Monday, June 1, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
Today, results from the ATX Music Census and Needs Assessment Survey will be released. This study of Austin’s music industry took place over three months and includes feedback from 4,000 survey respondents, eight focus groups and 20 interviews conducted by the Titan Music Group. The results of the survey will be released at the Austin Music Commission meeting, which will take place at 3 p.m., and will also be available at atxmusic.org. According to a press release about the census, it was commissioned to improve the city’s “understanding of musicians, music industry entrepreneurs and employees, and live music venues, along with the needs for future job growth, salaries, revenues, and other economic factors for these sectors.”
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?