About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Report: Austin needs to take action to mitigate impacts of watercraft overcrowding on Lady Bird Lake
- Transit leaders preparing new Project Connect scenarios for March open house
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Google Fiber to expand presence in Travis County
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
Discover News By District
More committee talk on the way
Tuesday, April 24, 2018 by Elizabeth Pagano
Missing the days of City Council committee overhauls? They may be upon us once again, according to this week’s Council agenda, but discussing the changes will most likely be put off until Thursday. That’s because Mayor Steve Adler will not be at today’s work session, and we assume his request to hold off will be honored. Adler also promises to post language that more clearly articulates Council’s intent in amending the city code concerning Council committees. Our understanding is that Council is looking for a little more flexibility in committee makeup after paring back the committee system that they expanded. Needless to say, we will tune in Thursday for all of the nitty-gritty details.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?