About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
Discover News By District
- A “peaker” power plant will be built in Caldwell County
- The process of implementing automated parking pay stations at Zilker is almost finished
- Bring your signs honoring César Chávez for annual march and celebration set for Saturday
- It’s time to hurry up and get storm debris to the curb
- Council OKs plan for libraries
MoPac improvements forum tonight
Tuesday, March 31, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
As the Austin Monitor reported today, the comment period for improvements to MoPac Expressway has been extended. Tonight, Austin Mayor Steve Adler, Austin Mayor Pro Tem Kathie Tovo, Austin City Council Member Ann Kitchen, Travis County Commissioner Brigid Shea, Rollingwood Mayor Thom Farrell and AISD Trustee Amber Elenz will hold a forum to discuss proposed changes to the expressway. CTRMA and TxDOT are proposing to construct toll lanes and elevated lanes over Lady Bird Lake, and the CAMPO board will vote soon on the plan. Tonight’s forum, which promises to be lively, will take place at 6 p.m. at Austin High School, 1715 W. Cesar Chavez St.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?