About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
Discover News By District
Mock Council meeting scheduled
Tuesday, January 6, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
A practice City Council meeting designed to familiarize new members with meeting procedures has been scheduled for Jan. 20, according to the City Clerk’s office. The meeting will run through various cases that Council members might be faced with and allow them to have a rehearsal before the big event on Jan. 29, in the hopes that their meetings will run as smoothly as the previous Council’s right off the bat. Though we at the Monitor remain torn about attending (and whether skipping it would mar an otherwise perfect attendance record), we are very, very interested in the promise of staff acting out the Citizens Communication portion of the meeting.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?