About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Transit leaders preparing new Project Connect scenarios for March open house
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Google Fiber to expand presence in Travis County
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
Mobility Talks schedule set
Wednesday, June 1, 2016 by Elizabeth Pagano
With transportation bond ideas flying (and driving, biking, railing) through the city, a schedule for taking a look at the recently released Mobility Talks results has been established. According to a post on the City Council Message Board from Council Member Ann Kitchen, the study will make its first Council appearance tomorrow, followed by discussions at the June 14 meeting of the Mobility Committee and Council meetings on June 16 and, possibly, June 23. In her post, Kitchen encouraged the public to participate in both the committee and Council meetings, saying, “Public conversations must guide” the actions of Council moving forward and stressing that equity and affordability impacts should play a key role in making decisions.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?