Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
Discover News By District
Meet the new voting machines!
Tuesday, September 24, 2019 by Tai Moses
Just in time for the November 2019 general election, the Travis County’s Clerk’s Office is rolling out new touch-screen voting hardware, the county’s first new voting system in 18 years. According to the County Clerk’s Office, the new system “combines the accessibility and familiar feel of a touch screen with the security of a paper ballot.” Voting officials want to make sure people are familiar with the new machines before the election, so if you’d like to take one for a test drive, you will have several opportunities between now and Oct. 16. “I am excited to invite voters to come out and take a look at the voting equipment, and even try out demonstration machines so that they are more comfortable when they come to the polls for the November election,” said Travis County Clerk Dana DeBeauvoir. Read more about the new voting system and find a schedule of events previewing the new machines here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?