Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
Discover News By District
- City employees to protest telework policy Thursday
- AFSCME objects to Garza’s return-to-work plan
- Groups gather forces to protest dairy plant redevelopment
- If you’re interested in adopting a dog or a cat, the ongoing “300 Homes” adoption promotion is the time to do it
- Celebrate Marriage Equality by getting hitched
Manley for chief?
Monday, May 14, 2018 by Katy McElroy
The city manager’s office would like to know your thoughts on Interim Police Chief Brian Manley, specifically whether you think he should be made the permanent chief of the Austin Police Department. Share your opinion by taking the quick survey, or email comments to OurNextChief@austintexas.gov. Manley is also making public appearances this month: The second public forum will be Thursday, May 17, 7-8:30 p.m. at the KLRU Studio, 2504-B Whitis Ave., on the University of Texas campus.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?