Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
Making a wishbone
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 by Tai Moses
This summer, the city’s Public Works Department launched the design phase of the effort to build a new pedestrian and bicycle bridge across Lady Bird Lake near Longhorn Dam. The wishbone-shaped bridge will connect to the shore at three points: Longhorn Shores, Holly Shores, and the peninsula near Holly Shores. It is expected to be completed by 2026. If you’d like to receive project updates about significant milestones along the way, subscribe here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?