Most Popular Stories
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Are rents falling? Apartment association sees construction, weak demand causing ‘negative rent growth’
- Qadri sets sights on closing ‘windowless-apartment loophole’
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Travis Heights “gingerbread house” on track for historic landmark status
Discover News By District
Library launches online card application
Tuesday, September 13, 2016 by Nora Ankrum
Thanks to the Austin Public Library’s new online library card application, wannabe library patrons no longer have to go to the library in order to start going to the library. Instead, they can fill out a form, available here, from the comfort of their own computer. After that, they have 14 days to bring photo identification and proof of address (cards are free for Austin residents) to the brick-and-mortar library in order to pick up a card. Bona fide card holders can then check out library materials both in person and online. More info is available here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?