Most Popular Stories
- Transit leaders preparing new Project Connect scenarios for March open house
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Google Fiber to expand presence in Travis County
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
Library celebrates grand reopening
Wednesday, August 3, 2022 by Tai Moses
The Eustasio Cepeda Branch Library is throwing a grand reopening party and you’re invited. Library Director Roosevelt Weeks announced in a press release, “We are thrilled to welcome the Govalle and East Austin community back into this important center for learning, culture and recreation. The improvements that have been made at this location will allow Austin Public Library to continue sustainably providing safe and friendly experiences at the Cepeda Branch for years to come.” The Cepeda Branch has been closed for extensive renovations since January 2021. The party starts with a ribbon-cutting ceremony followed by a performance by the Bronze Band, family-friendly crafts, origami and a photo booth. 651 N. Pleasant Valley Road, Saturday, Aug. 6, 10 a.m.-noon (library stays open until 5 p.m. after the party).
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?