About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
Leave your ‘wet bikes’ at home this weekend
Friday, May 22, 2020 by Elizabeth Pagano
If your Memorial Day plans include Lake Austin, the city would like to remind you to have fun safely this weekend. To that end, the police department and lake patrol will prohibit personal watercraft, Wetbikes, motorized surfboards and the like beginning at sunset today through sunset on May 26. The ban, which is an attempt to ensure the safety of holiday crowds, only applies on Lake Austin.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?