Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
Discover News By District
KXAN and HEB raise funds for food bank
Tuesday, April 7, 2020 by Tai Moses
With so many people out of work and having trouble making ends meet, the resources of Central Texas Food Bank are stretched to the limit. Television station KXAN and grocery store HEB are answering the need with a fundraising and volunteer relief effort dubbed Feeding Central Texas. According to a news release, every week the food bank provides meals to nearly 50,000 Central Texans across 21 counties. For every dollar donated to Feeding Central Texas, the food bank can provide four meals for hungry families. Derrick Chubbs, president and CEO of the Central Texas Food Bank, thanked the two entities. “We’re so grateful to our friends at KXAN-TV and HEB for teaming up to help us fight hunger during this crisis. Having the support of such great community partners will make a huge difference. We’re seeing unprecedented demand for our services, so every donation helps.” Donate what you can to Feeding Central Texas here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?