Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Join the PAC
Tuesday, August 17, 2021 by Tai Moses
Love to walk and want to get more involved in local transportation policy? Apply to join the Pedestrian Advisory Council, which the city describes as “an independent advocacy group providing advice to the city of Austin on planning, policy, design, funding, education and enforcement efforts regarding the creation, maintenance and operation of pedestrian facilities.” The city’s announcement explains that, “Appointment to the PAC is based on an individual’s demonstrated knowledge of issues relating to pedestrianism and expressed interest in becoming a member. In selecting people for membership, the PAC seeks to achieve a balance among various types of pedestrian interests (urban transportation, disability, children, elderly, public health, recreation, etc.).” In normal times, the group meets monthly at City Hall, though during the pandemic the meetings have been conducted via WebEx. Sept. 19 is the last day to apply. Applicants will be invited to attend the PAC’s October meeting to introduce themselves to current members, who will vote to select the new members.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?