About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
Discover News By District
- City employees to protest telework policy Thursday
- AFSCME objects to Garza’s return-to-work plan
- Groups gather forces to protest dairy plant redevelopment
- If you’re interested in adopting a dog or a cat, the ongoing “300 Homes” adoption promotion is the time to do it
- Celebrate Marriage Equality by getting hitched
It’s now or never to register to vote in May
Thursday, April 6, 2023 by Elizabeth Pagano
Civically minded procrastinators, take heed! Today is the last day to register to vote for the May 6 election that features two similar but opposing propositions about police oversight in Austin. In general, United States citizens that are at least 17 years and 10 months old are eligible to vote in their county of residence, with exceptions for some convicted felons or those deemed by a court as ineligible to vote due to mental incapacitation. Texans can check to see if they are registered, and registered under the correct address, here. As today is the deadline for registration, election officials advise submitting an application in person at a county voter registrar.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?