Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
How (not) to fry a turkey
Tuesday, November 26, 2019 by Tai Moses
The Austin Fire Department will be conducting its annual demonstration of how not to fry a turkey in the hopes of preventing fiery holiday disasters this Thanksgiving, not to mention the accompanying ruined meals and exploding tempers. The “visually stunning” event will include turkey frying safety tips. Wednesday, Nov. 27, 9 a.m., HEB, 2508 E. Riverside Drive.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?