About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
- Council OKs getting rid of some occupancy limits
- Ethics commission dismisses complaints over Zilker Park votes
Discover News By District
Houston, we have cooperation
Thursday, November 10, 2016 by Elizabeth Pagano
Though City Council Member Ora Houston was an outspoken opponent of the city’s mobility bond, after its resounding win Tuesday night, she wants everyone to know that she is on board with carrying out the will of the people. In a post on her “Orator” blog, Houston declared that she will “work constructively to implement the proposals in the Bond to address the increasing transportation and development needs we face.” She added, “Our way forward is clear. We must work together, as outlined in the Bond, to reduce traffic congestion in Austin.”
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?