Most Popular Stories
- Garza makes major changes to city organization
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
Holly Point kicks off with open house
Friday, May 24, 2019 by Tai Moses
The city parks department and the Trail Foundation are hosting an open house to invite public feedback and ideas for the Holly Point project. Neighbors, hikers, dog walkers, community rec groups and all other interested parties are invited to come and brainstorm ideas for Holly Point, which is west of the decommissioned Holly Power Plant at Festival Beach and in the Tejano neighborhood of East Cesar Chavez. Coffee and breakfast tacos – while they last – will be served, and there will be kids’ activities to hold the interest of the little ones. The Trail Foundation will give a short presentation to outline the process and explain the foundation’s vision for the site plan. Saturday, June 8, 10 a.m. to noon, at the Camacho Center, 35 Robert T. Martinez Jr. St. Can’t make it? Fill out a short online survey.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?