About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Zoning case at Planning Commission highlights ‘broken’ Land Development Code, prompts fixes from Council
Discover News By District
Hensley chooses to stay in Austin
Friday, March 29, 2019 by Elizabeth Pagano
As the Austin Monitor noted two weeks ago, Parks and Recreation Director Sara Hensley visited Flagstaff, Arizona, to discuss the possibility of becoming city manager there. But Hensley returned to Austin having rejected Flagstaff’s proposal. She told a reporter that she would be keeping her job in Austin because she could not “reach an agreement on terms” with the much smaller city. Hensley was an interim assistant city manager for Austin from March 2017 until the end of 2018.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?