About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
Group presses fight over AustinOaks PUD
Monday, September 15, 2014 by Elizabeth Pagano
A group calling itself “Red White & Bulldozed” continues to fight the AustinOaks Planned Unit Developments. The group is encouraging like-minded anti-PUD activists to attend City Council candidate forums with leaflets explaining PUD and why, in particular, the AustinOaks PUD is worth fighting. The proposed AustinOaks development is located at MoPac Boulevard and Spicewood Springs Road. Though still in the early stages, developers Twelve Lakes LLC have asked for a 225-foot maximum height to build about 610 town homes, 850,000 square feet of office space and 100,000 square feet of retail space on approximately 31 acres in Northwest Austin.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?